I’m looking for help and advice about...
Yvonne heads up the private client service team and is an Associate member of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners. She and her team help families plan for their futures, from drafting a will to advising on issues concerning international families, protection of the vulnerable, family businesses and philanthropic giving.
She holds the STEP Advanced Certificate in Advising Vulnerable Clients.
Based in our Grantham office, Yvonne has particular expertise and experience in handling claims on behalf of children and patients (including mental health patients) in addition to road traffic accidents, pedestrian claims and employers liability claims.
Yvonne is the appointed Compliance Officer for Finance & Administration (COFA) as required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- Mr Green – 100,000+ for Mr G who had his arm crushed in an accident at work
- Anon- won significant damages for a man in an historic child abuse case against a Lincolnshire based school caretaker.
- Anon – represented a family in an international contentious probate case.
- AB – A minor who cycled into the road and was hit by a vehicle. The client suffered brain damage and whilst it was agreed that he was partly responsible for the accident, Yvonne negotiated a settlement with the insurers of extensive rehabilitation treatment costing many thousands and a payment of £50,000.00. This was a very complex matter which had to be approved through the Court of Protection and a Guardian appointed.
- Anon – Complex case against a school for failing to protect a child from bullying.
- Miss S M – File transferred by client to Yvonne because she was not satisfied with previous solicitor. Recovered £43,000.00 as client had developed the condition of Fibromyalgia as a result of a road traffic accident.
- Mr D C – £125,000.00 for man who suffered damage to his hand after it was caught in blades of a mower.
What people say about Yvonne…
“Received an excellent service”
“Helpful and straightforward, made making our wills an easy process.”
“Just wanted to say thank you so much for everything you have done for my Dad. he and I appreciate it. You are a wonderful person.”
“I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for me, it has made me feel that I matter and that it has not been brushed under the carpet. I am eternally grateful.”
“The service and professional work on my case has been outstanding over the years, a big thank you.”
“May I congratulate you on your professionalism and that it has indeed been a pleasure dealing with you (which I never thought I would say about a solicitor.)”
“Comfortable atmosphere. excellent service provided.”
“thank you for all your hard work over the last four years, I really do appreciate everything you have done for me and the fantastic settlement you’ve got for me…”
“Once again…many thanks for your expertise and professionalism in dealing with this case.”
“Excellent service with Mrs Carratt throughout. Clear and concise will and happy to use the services of JMP again, thank you.”
“Yvonne, thank you for all you have done for me.”
Three in five people die every year without a Will. That means their assets will be dispersed under the strict Rules of Intestacy. Here is how that plays out. Did the person who died have a spouse or civil partner? (Cohabitees NEVER qualify) If they did and have...
DoLS ensures that people who can’t consent to their care arrangements in a care home or a hospital are protected if those arrangements “deprive them of their liberty”. For example, some-one has gone into hospital for a routine procedure. They take a while to recover...
LPA stands for Lasting Power of Attorney. It is a powerful legal document. It is the power of an individual to appoint some-one as their official attorney to make decisions on their behalf in the future over property, finances or even healthcare and care...