Ray is a highly experienced litigator who has extensive knowledge of all aspects of personal injury work gained over 30 years working on behalf of claimants.
His experience includes employers and public liability cases, industrial disease, RTA cases and professional negligence work.
In his professional negligence work Ray has gained extensive knowledge of solicitors’ compliance issues, insolvency/administration, professional indemnity insurance, the FSCS and ATE Insurance.
Ray has also investigated the personal liability of professionals working for a limited company.
- Currently acting for a motorcyclist involved in a serious collison who is paralysed from the chest-down.
- Young client who initially suffered severe crush injuries to his foot. Months later he had to have the foot removed. The case is on-going but his client received a six-figure sum as interim damages.
- Road traffic accident client who has serious hip injuries following a head on collision.
- Acted for a client who had been previously been turned down by another law firm and barristers’ chambers who both said he had no claim. On investigation we resurrected the case and secured a five-figure sum in compensation
- Secured compensation for a client due to the professional negligence of his previous law firm.
- Secure damages of £7,000 for a client who had been a wood machinist and upholsterer and was exposed to noise emanating from hydraulic staple guns and nail guns.
- Won a significant case for a client using high-pressure water jets without adequate P.P.E. resulting in injuries which could have been avoided.
- Led on a group action of over 200 claims for professional negligence against a firm of solicitors with a total value of over £3.5 million.
What people say about Ray…
“Never gave up even when the other side were being awkward. Always kept me in touch with what was happening over a long period of time.”
“I would recommend JMP to anyone, Mr Butler has been great throughout my case. He has kept me informed every step of the way without fail and has made no false promises to me which can sometimes be experienced with these things, he has explained everything to me in straight forward terms which has taken all the stress out of it for me. I would like to thank Mr Butler and JMP again for their hard work.”
“Thank you very much to all concerned who helped me win my case. I would have no hesitation in recommending your company to anyone needing legal help.”
If you or your family have been a victim of medical negligence or of a personal injury that wasn’t your fault, you may be eligible for compensation. Contact our friendly and knowledgeable claims lawyers to discuss your case #just more personal. We recently recovered...
Just one year on from being one of only 11% of law firms in the country to be awarded the Lexcel accreditation, JMP Solicitors sailed through the onsite re-assessment. The Law Society assessor remarked: “The firm has succeeded in implementing the high...
“I’m in my sixties and just noticed I am losing my hearing. For years, I worked in a factory surrounded by noisy machinery. I read I may be able to claim for compensation. The thing is, the factory closed down many years ago.”