I’m looking for help and advice about...
Professional Negligence Claims
If you have suffered financial loss because of negligent advice of inadequate advice from a professional adviser, then you may be entitled to claim for professional negligence.
When you receive advice from a professional you are entitled to expect the advice to be correct enabling you to rely on that advice for your own benefit. Professional advisers however do make mistakes from time to time and therefore insure against claims being made against them through professional indemnity insurance. Professional indemnity insurance enables clients to seek financial redress for any loss incurred because of their negligence.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial loss as the result of negligent advice
- Breach of contract
- Breach of a duty of care
- Breach of a professional duty
- We successfully sued a firm of solicitors that had negligently represented our client in a claim against a food factory where he sustained carpal tunnel syndrome in both arms due to repetitive work-related actions. The claim was genuine and backed up by medical evidence. The firm made repeated mistakes, missed deadlines and waited more than two years before they contacted him to take a witness statement. Within seven months of our instructions we were able to secure a settlement of £12,500 in damages against his original law firm for their negligence.
- Our client moved to a new house in May and noticed a large patch of Japanese Knotweed growing to the rear of his garden. The Survey Report that was carried out at the beginning of April did not report the presence of Japanese Knotweed. We brought a claim against the surveyor and recovered the cost of the treatment management programme including the cost of an insurance backed guarantee and lost value of the property.
- Acted for a client who had been previously been turned down by another law firm and barristers’ chambers who both said he had no claim. On investigation we resurrected the case and secured a five-figure sum in compensation.
- Secured compensation for a client due to the professional negligence of his previous law firm.
Get in touch...
Speak to a specialist…
Contact arrangements can be fraught during the emotive time of the Christmas holidays and can cause a lot of conflict in separated families – even if there is a Court Order in place. To resolve these matters, every family will have its own individual needs...read more
Three in five people die every year without a Will. That means their assets will be dispersed under the strict Rules of Intestacy. Here is how that plays out. Did the person who died have a spouse or civil partner? (Cohabitees NEVER qualify) If they did and have...read more
Zakładanie własnej działalności gospodarczej czy to na zasadzie spółki parnerkiej czy własnej firmy, to ekscytujący czas dla każdego przedsiębiorcy biznesowego. Głód i determinacja sukcesu są silnym motywatorem i co może być lepsze niż dzielenie się tym doświadczeniem...read more