Professional Negligence Claims
- Financial loss as the result of negligent advice
- Breach of contract
- Breach of a duty of care
- Breach of a professional duty
- We successfully sued a firm of solicitors that had negligently represented our client in a claim against a food factory where he sustained carpal tunnel syndrome in both arms due to repetitive work-related actions. The claim was genuine and backed up by medical evidence. The firm made repeated mistakes, missed deadlines and waited more than two years before they contacted him to take a witness statement. Within seven months of our instructions we were able to secure a settlement of £12,500 in damages against his original law firm for their negligence.
- Our client moved to a new house in May and noticed a large patch of Japanese Knotweed growing to the rear of his garden. The Survey Report that was carried out at the beginning of April did not report the presence of Japanese Knotweed. We brought a claim against the surveyor and recovered the cost of the treatment management programme including the cost of an insurance backed guarantee and lost value of the property.
- Acted for a client who had been previously been turned down by another law firm and barristers’ chambers who both said he had no claim. On investigation we resurrected the case and secured a five-figure sum in compensation.
- Secured compensation for a client due to the professional negligence of his previous law firm.
Get in touch...
Our offices are closed from Thursday 23 December at 5:30PM and will re-open at 9AM on Tuesday 4 January 2022 JMP Solicitors wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Members of the public who have suffered an accident in a public place which wasn’t their fault can look to advice from legal specialists to ensure the incident is properly recorded should they wish to make a claim for compensation. From tripping accidents on the...
With many shifting to remote working during the COVID-19 pandemic business owners can look to top tips from law experts to ensure they are legally providing employees with everything they need. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a sharp rise in the number of people...