Professional Negligence Claims
- Financial loss as the result of negligent advice
- Breach of contract
- Breach of a duty of care
- Breach of a professional duty
- We successfully sued a firm of solicitors that had negligently represented our client in a claim against a food factory where he sustained carpal tunnel syndrome in both arms due to repetitive work-related actions. The claim was genuine and backed up by medical evidence. The firm made repeated mistakes, missed deadlines and waited more than two years before they contacted him to take a witness statement. Within seven months of our instructions we were able to secure a settlement of £12,500 in damages against his original law firm for their negligence.
- Our client moved to a new house in May and noticed a large patch of Japanese Knotweed growing to the rear of his garden. The Survey Report that was carried out at the beginning of April did not report the presence of Japanese Knotweed. We brought a claim against the surveyor and recovered the cost of the treatment management programme including the cost of an insurance backed guarantee and lost value of the property.
- Acted for a client who had been previously been turned down by another law firm and barristers’ chambers who both said he had no claim. On investigation we resurrected the case and secured a five-figure sum in compensation.
- Secured compensation for a client due to the professional negligence of his previous law firm.
Get in touch...
It is extremely important that every business owner has plans in place detailing what happens to their business in the unfortunate circumstance of their demise. Drafting a business will ensures your wishes are honoured when you are no longer here and allows you to...
Homebuyers and sellers feeling stuck in the middle and seeking advice at this uncertain time can look to conveyancing experts to find out more about what the current COVID-19 crisis means for property purchases and sales. With government guidelines setting...
Business owners striving to maximise protection of their brand and intellectual property can look to top tips from commercial law experts. It’s crucial for every business to preserve its brand and intellectual property, whilst equally avoiding infringement of...