Professional Negligence Claims
- Financial loss as the result of negligent advice
- Breach of contract
- Breach of a duty of care
- Breach of a professional duty
- We successfully sued a firm of solicitors that had negligently represented our client in a claim against a food factory where he sustained carpal tunnel syndrome in both arms due to repetitive work-related actions. The claim was genuine and backed up by medical evidence. The firm made repeated mistakes, missed deadlines and waited more than two years before they contacted him to take a witness statement. Within seven months of our instructions we were able to secure a settlement of £12,500 in damages against his original law firm for their negligence.
- Our client moved to a new house in May and noticed a large patch of Japanese Knotweed growing to the rear of his garden. The Survey Report that was carried out at the beginning of April did not report the presence of Japanese Knotweed. We brought a claim against the surveyor and recovered the cost of the treatment management programme including the cost of an insurance backed guarantee and lost value of the property.
- Acted for a client who had been previously been turned down by another law firm and barristers’ chambers who both said he had no claim. On investigation we resurrected the case and secured a five-figure sum in compensation.
- Secured compensation for a client due to the professional negligence of his previous law firm.
Get in touch...
Grantham-based JMP Solicitors is growing its team with a trio of new hires – as Andrea Bingham joins as a private client solicitor, Mikaela Rogerson as a family law solicitor and Reiss Williams as IT manager. Andrea specialises in helping clients prepare for the...
JMP Solicitors has received a silver Investors in People accreditation for investment in its staff – an accolade which is awarded to just five per cent of those assessed. Nationally recognised, Investors in People is a standard for people management that offers...
Grantham-based JMP Solicitors has been ranked as a leading firm for personal injury and clinical negligence services in the prestigious Legal 500 listing, with senior associate solicitor and head of clinical negligence, Christine Bowerman, being named as a ‘Rising...