Professional Negligence Claims
- Financial loss as the result of negligent advice
- Breach of contract
- Breach of a duty of care
- Breach of a professional duty
- We successfully sued a firm of solicitors that had negligently represented our client in a claim against a food factory where he sustained carpal tunnel syndrome in both arms due to repetitive work-related actions. The claim was genuine and backed up by medical evidence. The firm made repeated mistakes, missed deadlines and waited more than two years before they contacted him to take a witness statement. Within seven months of our instructions we were able to secure a settlement of £12,500 in damages against his original law firm for their negligence.
- Our client moved to a new house in May and noticed a large patch of Japanese Knotweed growing to the rear of his garden. The Survey Report that was carried out at the beginning of April did not report the presence of Japanese Knotweed. We brought a claim against the surveyor and recovered the cost of the treatment management programme including the cost of an insurance backed guarantee and lost value of the property.
- Acted for a client who had been previously been turned down by another law firm and barristers’ chambers who both said he had no claim. On investigation we resurrected the case and secured a five-figure sum in compensation.
- Secured compensation for a client due to the professional negligence of his previous law firm.
Get in touch...
Homeowners looking to sell properties in the current market should look to tips from conveyancing experts to get homes market ready. Following the government announcement of the stamp duty holiday until March 2021, the housing market is experiencing great change with...
With the government announcement of the stamp duty holiday until March 31 2021, prospective homebuyers can look to these five reasons from conveyancing experts to move whilst the property market is booming. Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer, home mover or buy...
Following a successful audit of practices and procedures, JMP Solicitors has secured its Lexcel accreditation this month, achieving a rating of ‘excellent’. The Grantham-based law firm was found to be fully Lexcel compliant in the recent major assessment, which...