I’m looking for help and advice about...
Business Disputes & Litigation
Disputes are an unfortunate reality of business. When they arise, effective and timely legal intervention is required to minimise the negative impact on your business and to help you secure the right solution.
We have extensive experience in commercial disputes so we can promptly implement the right strategy for achieving a satisfactory settlement. We take a focussed and practical approach to every case and have the commercial experience to accurately assess when to consider mediation or other forms of dispute resolution, from facilitating an informal conclusion to pursuing the case in court.
We have a range of funding options available from hourly rates, fixed fee, staged payments, capped rates, just ask us for a solution that works for you.
Areas of Expertise
- Breach of contract
- Commercial disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Company law disputes
- Defamation & malicious falsehood
- Injunctive relief
- Intellectual property infringements
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Professional negligence
- Property and land disputes
- Representing an international insurance company in a multi-party dispute over a six-figure sum
- Successfully defended a claim at court for Defamation and Malicious Falsehood
- Prepared an interim injunction to be taken out due to a breach of covenant
- Advised on the termination of sponsorship agreement in place with a professional sports club
- Advised on a complex shareholder dispute and share purchase
- Prepared and served an injunction to enforce a restrictive covenant in a deed of transfer
- Advising in a shareholder dispute and preparing a S.994 Companies Act claim for unfair prejudice against a minority shareholder.
- Commercial litigation acting for a franchise holders against franchisees for breach of franchise agreement.
With a client base all over England and Wales we work from our offices in Grantham.
Call or complete the enquiry form on this page.
Our office hours are 9.00 to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Get in touch...
What Our Clients Say…
“As Legal Counsel with an international insurer, I commend Graeme for his assistance on one of our commercial disputes. He listened carefully to the without prejudice discussions, was pro-active in managing the instruction of barristers and corresponded robustly with the other side’s solicitors; ultimately enabling us to negotiate a favourable settlement against difficult opponents.”
– In-house lawyer
” 10/10 for your service, because of [Sonia] and her team…”
– Client in a long
running land dispute
Speak to a specialist…
Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) have once again been headline news, and once again not in a positive light. In today’s world the general population will most probably only hear of these standard legal documents when it comes to senior business, entertainment and...read more
Lawyer, Helen Carey joins the commercial law department of Grantham based JMP Solicitors to grow the contentious commercial and contract law offering of the practice. Helen was formerly at Shakespeare Martineau – a Times Top 200 Best Law Firm 2019 practice - and has...read more
The Law Commission has now confirmed that electronic signatures can be used to sign formal legal contracts under English Law via its consultation paper “Electronic execution of documents“ - published in August 2018. The law relating to signatures and other formal...read more